Topic that is researched, tried and tested by me for many years. I’ve been struggling and trying to “find a way” to loose fat (not only weight) and here are my best pointers to help you achieve just that.
Lets get down to business then:
- Everybody is different – you need to find what works best for you. I will try to point out below best advices but you need to find and try and see what works best for you. There is always something you can improve, something you can try differently
- Detox is the key – you need to clear your body from toxins to start loosing fat. Juicing or vegan diet is the way to go. Juice diet from Jason Vale here.
- Find something to inspire you and inform – watch the following movies: Fat, Sick & nearly dead, Fat, Sick & nearly dead 2, Hungry For Change, Food Inc. (full movie here), Food Matters, Vegucated (click on titles for links on amazon but most of them can be also found on netflix). they are educative, very motivating and will get you understand fast that you are indeed what you eat
- Get the Visualization app and listen to the (Free) Evening Visualization before sleep to put your mind to work together with the body
- Stress makes it harder to loose fat – your body’s defense mechanism makes you loose weight slower. Find a way to relax, sleep more (and better)
- DO NOT forbid yourself food – its better to add the good food rather than force yourself to take out the bad. It will come with time when you realize how badly it influences your body (and when you will feel the difference yourself). Bad food causes all types of problems that you (most likely) feel – feeling tired, skin problems, lack of concentration
- Start some activity (at least 20 minutes a day) – 20 minutes doesn’t sound that bad does it? Obviously the more the better so do something that you like. The key is to do something that you enjoy, there is plenty to choose from. Home exercises with apps like Adrian James or 7 Minute workout, start gym, swimming pool, tennis, football, bicycle, running, whatever makes you tick. Walking at faster pace is enough.
- Drink plenty liquids – mainly water. Start your day with warm water with lemon on an empty stomach. Drink as much tea as you can (green tea, fruit tea,
- Drink a glass of water 10 minutes before eating – that will fill you a bit and help your body digest the food.
- Remember – FOOD IS ALWAYS THERE – and it will be there always. When you look at food and you’re hungry think that its not the last food on the planet that you’re looking at – it will always be there. Your health and you need to focus on yourself first. Food will be there waiting as always.
- Eat small portions slow. It takes 20 minutes for the information from your stomach to reach your brain that you’re full. Keep that in mind. Also if you chew longer your stomach will have to work less to process the food. Also eat only when you really feel hungry, not because its this or that time of the day.
- Always have snack at hand – that can save you everyday as small healthy snack is usually all it takes to kill the craving for food when you pass stands and restaurants on the street. Try some dried fruit (apple, prunes, raisins, bananas, goji berries) or nuts (cashews, pistachios)
- Stress and lack of sleep makes you gain weight – true. Find a way to sleep at least 8-9 hours and deep sleep with dark room and nothing waking you up.
- Short term goals – Give yourself achievable tagets like ‘I will loose 2kg this week’. Keep monitoring your weight and push yourself harder if you slack. You will be very satisfied when you achieve that goal. Use apps to record your weight and food intake.
- Know your body – look at your body closely in the mirror from every possible angle. If you have hair – shave it. Make yourself more easy on the eye and getting slimmer will follow.
- Sign up for a gym and get a personal trainer – subscribe to magazines like Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness etc. (for women their relevant versions)
My personal struggle – How to loose fat in my case
Goal – 73kg, Start – 93kg,
Started Mid January 2016
Its 30th March 2016 – Current weight 86kg – Halfway there! But its not joy at all. I’ve been having good weeks, bad weeks, all over the place. I was already 83kg… Now again I think I’m on a good path (although only 3 days) as I managed to get all the ideas I pointed out above and try to remember them on a daily basis (ie. when opening the fridge). I also do some starvation diet which is not entirely recommended if you don’t know how to do it. It works for me though. No food just water (can be with lemon) and tea (all the possible types, no sugar). Try warrior diet which means basically wake up, dont eat nothing all day and eat whatever you like in the evening (3 hours before sleep preferably). It doesnt mean eat the whole fridge to make up for the day. It means to eat until you feel almost full and then stop. Dont forget water and tea during the day.
My goal for this is to motivate you. I’m struggling, you’re struggling. We both need motivation.