How to lose belly fat – This is the most common question heard these days. Bulged belly can cause a lot of embarrassment while going to beaches or public swimming pool. Flat stomach is important not only for improved looks, but to avoid many health issues. Oversized belly is an indicator of many diseases. Do you want to shrink your spare tire? There are many diet pills and weight loss products available in the market that claim to give you a trim tummy in a few days, but it is better to lose belly fat naturally. Do you want to know the safe ways to lose belly fat? Read further.
Losing belly fat and shaping up need a right combination of diet, exercises and lifestyle modifications.
Losing belly fat is impossible without the right diet. It is diet that gives the best results. To be honest each person is different so in order to get the best result you should consult your dietetician. There are some do’s and dont’s that have to be followed to lose belly fat.
1. Include more protein in your diet. More calories are burnt while processing proteins. Milk, cottage cheese, ground beef, ground poultry and eggs etc. are good sources of protein.
2. Eat healthy fat. When your body has a steady supply of healthy fat, it will not stock fat.
3. Eat fiber rich foods. Green leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds have high fiber content.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Never skip breakfast.
6. Drink cranberry juice daily.
7. Let your plate be colorful with orange carrots, yellow peppers, red tomatoes and green spinach etc.
8. Omega 3 fatty acids target tummy fat. Fish that contain omega 3 fatty acid should be included in your diet.
9. Drink plenty of water.
10. Eat 5 smaller meals instead of 3 heavy meals.
11. Eat foods that boost metabolism like grapefruit, almonds, apple, beans, oatmeal, broccoli and soymilk etc.
1. Say NO to junk foods.
2. Avoid sugary foods.
3. Avoid late night snacks.
4. Keep a distance from trans fatty fats present in products like margarine.
5. Avoid processed and refined foods.
Exercises – The word is dreaded by many people, but you can never lose your belly fat without exercising. The good news is that exercises need not be something you hate. All exercises have the same impact as long as they burn calories. You need not go for heavy workouts. You can do something that you enjoy the most.
Do you love to enjoy the nature? Do you want to spend more time with your pets or children? Do you love to breathe in fresh air? If your answer is YES to one of the above mentioned questions, you can go for a brisk walk.
Do you love to swim? Do you love biking or hiking? You can choose any activity you like. Make sure that you follow a strict routine.
If you cannot go outdoors due to bad weather or crowded locality, you can buy home gym equipment. You can exercise while watching your favorite TV program or your favorite baseball team in action or watching a movie.
You can perform some easy abdomen exercises that will help you to lose belly fat. Lie flat on the back. Lift both your legs 40 degrees above the ground. Count up to 10. Relax and start again. Increase the counts slowly.
Lie supine on the mat. Keep your palms interlocked behind your head. Raise the upper part of your body. Hold your breath. Pull your stomach in as much as possible. Relax and repeat.
3. Lifestyle modifications
Most of us are following many wrong lifestyle habits that are responsible for the spare tire in the belly. Without the right lifestyle habits, extra fat in the belly cannot be lost.
1. Avoid consumption of alcohol.
2. Avoid late night dinners.
3. Avoid stress. Reduce stress by practising relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Yoga not only helps in reducing stress, but also in getting a flat stomach.
4. Sleep well. Both inadequate sleep and oversleep increases the fat in your belly. Sleep for 6 to 8 hours every day.
5. Cook your meals at home. Avoid eating out frequently.
To lose belly fat you should stay motivated. Measure your waistline and your weight. Set reasonable targets for a week. When you achieve the target, treat yourself. Take photos every week. Compare them. You will be motivated when you see that you look smarter when you lose your belly fat. Follow these simple steps, lose belly fat, wear sexy swimwear and give tips to your friends on how to lose belly fat.